- What did you do today?
- Today,we separated food colouring from M&M's and analysed them.Today,we did not do such a great job because one of our group members did not drip enough food colourant onto the chromatography sheet when analysing.Overall though,we followed instructions and it actually turned out to be quite okay.We screwed up more than we did yesterday,but at least none of the glassware got broken.
- Our chromatography results.Green was not very visible,because our teammate did not put enough :(
- We learnt about the different types of food colouring and the lethality of it.Similar to the caffeine extraction experiment,we had to apply secondary 1 knowledge,such as basic chromatography skills.
The standard food colouring.
- How do you feel about today’s activities?
- I feel that we have done almost the same as all the other groups when we first started,because we all actually put the same amount of effort in our work.Some groups today went a bit off task,and today was also more of a waiting than experimentation.It was very nice working with my groupmates,and I hope to be able to work with them again.
- Photos :D
The wool releasing the food colourants.
Food colouring + acetic acid.